OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – The Oklahoma City Dodgers (2-0 | 90-58) took home the Pacific Coast League Championship with a 5-2 victory over the Round Rock Express (0-2 | 89-60) on Wednesday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Oklahoma City will play in the Triple-A National Championship on Saturday, September 27
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. – The Oklahoma City Dodgers (2-0 | 90-58) took home the Pacific Coast League Championship with a 5-2 victory over the Round Rock Express (0-2 | 89-60) on Wednesday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Oklahoma City will play in the Triple-A National Championship on Saturday, September 27 at Las Vegas Ballpark against the winner of the International League Championship Series.
Express starter RHP Owen White (0-1, 10.38) got the loss after 4.1 innings with five earned runs on eight hits with one walk and three strikeouts. Dodgers starter RHP Gavin Stone (1-0, 4.50) earned the victory following 6.1 innings and only two earned runs. He allowed only four hits with two walks and 10 strikeouts. RHP Wander Suero got the save with a scoreless ninth inning. He allowed one hit with one strikeout.
Along the Train Tracks:
- Round Rock loaded the bases with nobody out in the first inning against starter RHP Gavin Stone. The right-hander worked his way out of trouble and kept the game scoreless. Oklahoma City took a 2-0 lead in the second inning. After a leadoff single from DH Ryan Ward, RF Jonny Deluca swatted a two-run homer.
- The Express battled back in the fourth inning. 1B Blaine Crim got the E-Train on the board with a solo home run that snuck over the fence in right field and Round Rock trailed 2-1.
- Oklahoma City grew the lead to 5-1 in the fifth inning. C Hunter Feduccia doubled with one out before CF Drew Avans 1B Michael Busch smacked an opposite-field, three-run homer to give the home team some breathing room.
- Round Rock made some noise in the seventh inning and cut the lead to 5-2. After RF Sandro Fabian singled, SS Jonathan Ornelas PH Jax Biggers belted a sacrifice fly and Round Rock scratched across one run.
- Round Rock RF Sandro Fabian led the E-Train in the series. He finished the series going 4-for-8 with two RBI, a run scored and a strikeout between the two games. Fabian was 2-for-4 with a run scored and a strikeout on Wednesday.
- Express RHP Yerry Rodriguez dealt 1.2 innings out of the bullpen and did not allow a run. He struck out three.
- The Express have been swept in their last two playoff series. Round Rock was also swept in the 2019 Pacific Coast League Championship against Sacramento.
For more information about the Express, visit RRExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Subscribe to the E-Train email newsletter and keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!