Who says baseball can’t be romantic? Those soon-to-be-wed searching for a unique wedding venue should look no further than Dow Diamond. The home of local minor league baseball team Great Lakes Loons, our stadium offers engaged couples a special setting for their big day. Here, Great Lakes Loons discusses reasons why to consider Dow Diamond as a wedding venue.
For couples getting married and looking for a suitable wedding venue, a baseball stadium might not immediately come to mind. However, the amenities offered at Dow Diamond make it a wonderful option for such an important life event. Reasons you should consider our ballpark as your wedding’s backdrop include:
- Plenty of room: With more than 20,000 feet of enclosed event space, Dow Diamond can be a very attractive wedding venue option. The Tri-Star Club level can hold up to 200 people seated for dinner and our concourse can hold up to 600 people seated for dinner, so no matter how big your guest list, the Dow Diamond has the capacity to accommodate. Our multi-purpose facility can be easily transformed from casual to elegant and intimate to classic, depending on your wishes.
- Beautiful outdoor areas: Weddings are a celebration of the love a couple shares. Dow Diamond can help couples enhance that celebration by offering beautiful outdoor areas for their guests to enjoy. What’s more, the stadium features two outfield fire pits for those needing a break from dancing.
- Kids’ play area: Another unique feature of the stadium is Lou E. Loon’s Lookout play area. This fun and engaging space will keep children occupied so the grownups can indulge in traditional wedding festivities.
- Video board: One of the most unique features the stadium has to offer – setting it apart from most other wedding venues – is the 31’ x 80’ LED video board. Couples can welcome their guests to their big day with a video montage or photo slide show on the big screen.
- Wi-Fi access: Wi-Fi availability throughout the stadium may not seem like an important feature, but it can be when the newlyweds are streaming the ceremony for those guests who were unable to attend.
- Sufficient parking: Many wedding venues don’t come equipped with ample parking for guests and vendors. That won’t be an issue for couples who choose Dow Diamond, as there are plenty of parking spaces available.
- Excellent variety of food options: No wedding is complete without a delicious spread. Guests will enjoy the variety of food items and stadium menus we have available.
Selecting a wedding venue often can be a daunting task for couples, but when done right, it can make their magical day even more special. Things for couples to consider when selecting a wedding venue include:
Does the Venue Fit Your Style?
Just like the bride and groom themselves, wedding venues have their own particular style. It can be difficult to plan a style-specific wedding at a venue that already has its style established. Luckily, Dow Diamond acts as a blank canvas for couples, allowing them to customize their big day.
What’s Around the Venue?
Especially for guests who are from out of town, having attractions and places to visit near the venue is a great feature. Our stadium is surrounded by numerous lively areas that are filled with fun things to do. Guests can visit the neighboring Midland Center for the Arts, Whiting Forest Canopy Walk, Dow Gardens, or venture to the neighboring cities of Bay City and Saginaw in the Great Lakes Bay Region, all of which are near Dow Diamond.
When Would You Like your Wedding?
With so much going on, selecting a timeframe for your wedding can be easier said than done. Narrowing down a date range of when you’d like to get married can help you weed out possible venues. Dow Diamond cannot accommodate couples looking to have their wedding on a day of a game, but it can still host weddings during the desirable summer months. Couples can take a look at the Great Lakes Loons schedule to eliminate possible dates with game conflicts.
Dow Diamond offers couples and their guests a variety of great benefits, enhancing their celebration of love and commitment to one another. For more information and availability, contact Great Lakes Loons today about Dow Diamond facility rentals by calling toll free at 888-678-2255.