The Clearwater Beach Dogs are the alternate identity of the Clearwater Threshers. On the last Friday home game of the month, Threshers players and staff take the field in Beach Dogs uniforms and fans can join in by rocking their favorite Beach Dogs gear. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. for the 6:30 p.m. games.
Beach Dogs Fridays are also now dog-friendly! On the select Beach Dog dates, fans may bring their dog into BayCare Ballpark to enjoy the game. Dogs are welcome on the concourse, berm and in the seating bowl, but not permitted in sections 114, 115, or the Club Level.
Dog tickets are $7 and available walk-up, the dog tickets benefit a different local pet charity that will be on-site.
Additionally, some Fridays feature giveaways and concerts, arrive early and stay after the game.
All Beach Dog Fridays have 50-cent hot dogs available at the concession stands!
- April 22nd - Dog tickets benefit The Onyx Project
- May 20th - Pride Night with Threshers Pride Cap Giveaway by Coppertail Brewery. Dog tickets benefit Mercy Full Project.
- June 17th - Dog tickets benefit Humane Society of Pinellas, Beach Dogs Cap Giveaway by Crime Stoppers of Pinellas, postgame concert by Uncle John's Band (Grateful Dead tribute act presented by Truly Hard Seltzer)
- July 29th - Dog tickets benefit Tampa Bay Beagle Rescue, Back to School Night and kids backpack giveaway (13 and under) by Kelli's Catering & Events
- August 26th - Dog tickets benefit Humane Society of Pinellas, Clearwater Beach Dogs Sport Towel Giveaway by PEScience (first 1000)
The Philadelphia Phillies' Clearwater class-A minor league affiliate was known as the Clearwater Phillies at Jack Russell Memorial Stadium from 1985-2003. The Threshers debuted at Bright House Networks Field (now BayCare Ballpark) in 2004. The Beach Dogs premier came in 2018, having previously been the 2004 runner-up to the club's new Threshers moniker.